Monday, November 7, 2011

Writers Block

I have written post after post tonight and each of them ended up being destroyed by the backspace button. Nothing seemed to sound right when I read it back. I wrote the same thoughts several different ways. Then I realized, the words I was trying to write were not my own. I wish more than anything I was at the place in life where I could write some beautifully written profound entries that would make perfect sense and maybe even evoke some sort of emotion from a reader. I guess I am just not there yet. I don't need to sit here and force paragraphs of mirrored statements. I am always trying to come up with something that perfectly portrays what I am feeling. Random spurts of inspiration, whether it be through a photograph, a sketch, or a simple online journal entry. I guess it comes from my desire to create. After the frustration of not being content with entry after entry I fled to Tumblr to find a picture, poem, any old creation worth bringing back. As I read the pages from as far as 3 years back I couldn't help but smile to myself. I was so disappointed in myself for my 'hardly worth posting' writing tonight but then my old entries were far from exceptional. It was nice to read and reflect on things that brought me to where I am today. It was also satisfying to see how far I have come, writing-wise included. So I guess I will just continue to write what is on my heart regardless of how elegant is may or may not come and hope it improves with another 3 years.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."
James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment